Google My Business, a website/app to list your business in Google Maps.
Click on Manage now and sign in with your Gmail. On the next screen you’ll be asked to find and manage your business.
Search for your business name and if your business appears on search result listing in the drop down click on the listing. Proceed to claim the business listing.
If your business is not listed in the search result click on first option to create a business with this name. You’ll asked to fill the business name again on the next screen.
Enter these details to proceed to business verification:
- Business name
- Business category
3. Whether the customers can visit your location (yes/no): For some categories like Restaurants it’s must be a “YES” otherwise it’ll show an error Your business category, Restaurant, requires a location customers can visit. If your category is “Logistics” where it’s not necessary to visit your business you’ll be directed to add your service area which is option.
4. If you mark yes for customer visit you’re required to add your business address next.
Once you enter the address Google will show possible matching business and check if it’s your business if not mark as this doesn’t match.
5. Locate your address in map by moving the red marker. Once you’ve placed the marker on your business address click on next.
6. Do you service outside your area (Yes/No): According to Google’s policy it’s recommended that a service area be no larger than 2 hours driving time from where the business is based.
7. Fill out the contact details you want to show your customers – phone number and website url. If you don’t have a website Google provides an option for free website with data collected from the above steps. or if you a need a budget friendly website you can reach out to us.
8. On the finish click you’ll be asked to enter a name to receive a postcard to be received on the business address you’ve entered above.
Now wait for up to 14 days (will show the number of days to receive the code) to receive the code via postal service of your country. Once you received the code enter it in GMB profile by logging in to GMB dashboard and click on verify. Now you’re verified on Google and business will be listed on Google search soon.
Tip/Note: If you haven’t received the postal card days after the above mentioned date you can reach out to customer support to make it faster by offline (with photos and document proof) or via video call verification.